The Private Forest Landowners Association is a non-profit society that promotes responsible stewardship on BC’s private forest lands.
On behalf of our members, the PFLA:
• Advocates for private property rights.
• Promotes incentives to grow trees.
• Encourages government policy that is fair, environmentally sound and fiscally responsible.
• Provides opportunities for continual improvement of private forest practices through ongoing education, training and investment.
Who Can Join?
The PFLA welcomes any members who share the same goals, values and objectives of the Association. We have two distinct member classifications:
• Regular membership — Open to individuals and companies who own land designated by BC Assessment as managed forest classification. Regular members commit to following the PFLA Best Management Practices Program.
• Supporting Membership — Available to anyone who supports the objectives of the PFLA. A supporting member cannot vote, but does receive all the other benefits of membership.
Advocacy, Regulatory and Business Support:
• Dedicated full-time staff and volunteer member committee support
• Expert onsite forest management peer reviews
• Representation to government and other interested groups
• Networking opportunities with other landowners, the private forestry community and professionals
• Resources for forest land management issues
• Regular PFLA newsletters
• Posting for planned events and workshops
• Notification of interesting events and workshops held by other facilitators
• Private Forest Steward Recognition Award Program
• Private forestry news, press releases, publications, discussion papers
• Education and training support material
Education and Training:
• Performance assurance support
• Best Management Practices (BMP) Program
• User driven, field-oriented workshops
• Education and training support
• Annual General Meeting
• Forestry Field Tours
• Hometown Meetings
How to Join?
For information on how to become a member, please contact us:
Private Forest Landowners Association
Mail: PO Box 764 STN A, Nanaimo BC, V9R 5M2
Tel: 250-642-4300 Toll Free: 1-888-994-8518